Make Your Upcoming Virtual Event Extra Special!
Fancy Dress Ideas
We’re not really spending much time going out on the town or to classy functions. So why not make an effort to dress up for your virtual party?
– Ugly Christmas Jumper
– Black Tie & Gowns
– Loud Shirt (chances are the host may be wearing one)
– Dress up your pet in festive finery!
4 oz apple cider, alcoholic or non-alcoholic
2 oz cranberry juice & orange juice splash
2 oz ginger ale
Pour ingredients over ice. Garnish with orange and apple slices.
1 oz orange juice
1 oz cranberry juice
6 oz seltzer or sparkling wine
Pour ingredients over ice. Garnish with fresh cranberries and orange slices.
Chai Tea Mulled Wine
1 bottle of red wine
1 chai tea bag
2 tablespoons white sugar
Simmer ingredients in saucepan for 15 minutes on medium-low.
5 oz vanilla vodka
2 oz white crème de menthe
½ oz peppermint schnapps
Pour ingredients over ice.
Festive Team Name Ideas
All of the Other Reindeer
The Christmas Puddings
The Grinchy Group
The Wise Men
Lil’ Drummer Boys
Scrooge’s Little Helpers
The Stocking Stuffers
Rudolph’s Drinking Buddies
I wish it could be Quiz-mas Everyday
Jazz Up Your Video Screen!
Our host will pick out their favourite video screens for bonus points! Make your screen as attention grabbing as you can… some ideas below.
– Lights, and lots of them!
– Display your finest Christmas wreath
– Create a festive virtual background and display the JPG for us all to see (works with Zoom and Webex if your computer is relatively new; though not with Google Meet)
– Surround yourself with cuddly reindeer
– Wear a mask with a seasonal design
– Ugly sweater (see above)
You may feel peckish while you work those brain cells. Here are three snack recipes to help you out!
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 large egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 tbsp crushed candy cane
Optional: ½ tsp peppermint extract, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In bowl, combine butter and sugars until fluffy. Mix in egg and extract (optional).
- In second bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Combine with butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and crushed candy cane.
- Roll dough into balls, about 1 tbsp of dough each; place on baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
50 saltine crackers
1 cup salted butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups chocolate chips
½ cup M&Ms
- Line baking pan with aluminum foil. Lay out crackers in a single layer.
- Place butter and sugar in saucepan and melt. Bring for a boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture over crackers and quickly spread with a knife.
- Bake in oven for 7-9 minutes at 325°
- Place chocolate chips and M&Ms on top, and place pan in freezer for 15 minutes.
Christmas Kisses Sugar Cookies
10 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups flour
¾ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
24 Hershey Kisses
- Combine butter, sugar, vanilla, and yolks in bowl.
- In second bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine two mixtures together.
- Roll dough into balls, about 1 tbsp of dough each, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350°
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Press Kiss into center of each cookie and immediately put sheet in freezer for 5 minutes.